The Red Cross continues to provide shelter, food, mental health counseling and emotional support for residents throughout the affected areas in the Southeast.
To date, the American Red Cross has:
- Provided 2,011 overnight stays from nearly 500 residents in Georgia Red Cross shelters
- Served 22,165 meals and 19,479 snacks
- Had 740 Red Cross volunteers and staff working in affected areas to support the disaster-caused needs of clients
- Assessed that 2,826 homes in Georgia have been affected; 757 of which are destroyed, 760 with major damage, 689 with minor damage.
- Provided 44,453 bulk items including bleach, comfort kits, clean-up kits and bottled water.
Greater Carolinas Chapter employee Kate Meier is in Georgia assisting in the Red Cross response. She captured the videos below while working in Austell, Ga. The women are Martha Mask, whose house suffered substantial damage as a result of the flooding, and her sister-in-law Beatrice Bowles.
For more updates, visit the Red Cross Disaster Online Newsroom.Advertisements